Panoramic printing - How to print panoramas
Panoramic photo challenges
Panoramic photography presents a particular challenge for printing. For this reason, we offer a specialist selection of sizes based on the various styles of panorama that you may take using your digital device. Whether you take a photo with your iPhone or mobile on a weekend walk or you arrange a special trip to capture a sunset with your digital slr, panoramic images come fraught with challenges when it comes to print.
Much of the complication for printing panoramic comes from the varying widths that can be captured with different devices or in different situations. A panoramic wedding photo may encompass a large group of people in the width, however a beautiful landscape may seem to stretch indefinitely in width. This is why we have created a unique range of sizes based on aspect ratio, which means that however wide your panorama, we are normally able to print it.
Understanding the width of panoramas
Aspect ratio deals with the varying widths that are possible with photography. You may wish to have your photo printed at 200mm in height but the width will vary according to how wide the view is that has been captured by your device. Panoramas captured by today amazing iPhones, mobiles or cameras can stretch to extreme lengths leaving you with difficulty trying to get them printed. Many pictures taken by todays technology are wonderfully high quality and deserve to be utilised for home decor.
Our modern phones have remarkable high quality images and normally yield stunning results when printed. Beautiful views taken on country walks or panoramic images of the seaside make lovely additions to your wall decor.
The process of determining the width of your panorama is made easy with the tools available on our website. There is no special knowledge needed of aspect ratio or guessing the width of your photo.
Ordering a panoramic print
- Start by uploading your photo to the website. Our web tools help you determine the best width to print your panorama.
- After your thumbnail appears, you will notice that there are four different choices of size range for panoramic prints. The first choice is Panoramic (2:1 aspect ratio). If this is selected, you may notice that much of the width of your picture has been omitted for the preview.
- Never fear, simply start to select from the range of choices. Each selection gets wider and wider, from Super Panoramic (3:1 aspect ratio) to Ultra Panoramic (4:1 aspect ratio) and finally to X-treme Panoramic (4.5:1 aspect ratio). The larger the number, the wider the print. Hopefully your picture will fit into one of these size ranges with minimal cropping.
- Next you can choose from a range of sizes. The crop will remain the same, but the print will get bigger and bigger, depending how much wall space you wish to occupy with your beautiful panorama.
- Thats it! Not so complicated after all.
We always endeavour to ensure that your image will be printed at its very best. Should you encounter any problems when placing an order, please feel free to contact us by phone or email, we are happy to help.
For details of our complete range, please see our panoramic sizes and prices.
Each style of print we offer whether it be a poster, canvas print or photo framing, always conform to the same set of size ranges. All of our products offer the same selection of sizes based on the different widths. This means that you can change your mind at any time and decide that perhaps you would like your picture framed or maybe you are just happy with a poster.